In 1892, lithographer Adolf Johann Rohrer (1850-1918) began production of special graphic preparations in the city of Leipzig. His son Johann Adolf Rohrer jr.,1980-1953 - like his father a lithographer by training - took over and founded in 1907, with his partner Arthur Klingner Felix, the company that until today bears the name "Rohrer Klingner Leipzig Co".
After World War II, Johann Rohrer (1916-1991), who returned from the war, joined the company. Thanks to his artistic instincts and his knowledge of chemistry, he was able to breathe new life into the factory. John Rohrer retired in 1981 and the company was under the leadership of his daughter Veronica Rohrer-Adamy, his son-in-law Hubert Adamy and their sons Thomas Adamy, who currently co-lead the company.
This artisanal production site in Leipzig was still usable until 1982. Subsequently, the company moved its premises to Zella-Mehlis located in the Thuringian forest.
After 1989, the company managed to adapt to new economic circumstances by adopting a new marketing strategy This is how the brand Rohrer & Klingner gained its reputation in Germany as in several other foreign countries. Today it is the 5th generation of employees that maintains our long tradition (since 1892) in the manufacture of inks and articles of lithography and engraving.
The products are made manually according to proven recipes, in addition to the careful care in the treatment of natural binders with appropriate dyes constitute a safe guarantee of all end products. The raw materials and additives are extracted using classical and remarkably soft processes. Solvents and special cleaning methods provide better and consistent quality over time. In addition, by focusing on traditional recipes and production methods, it is still possible to use a large number of renewable resources.
Customers who purchased this product also purchased: