PVD: physical vapor deposition: the process of transferring atoms or molecules from the source to the surface of the substrate using physical processes. .
PVD technology appeared in films prepared with high hardness, low coefficient of friction, good wear resistance and chemical stability. The successful application in the field of high speed steel cutting tools has received great attention from the manufacturing industry all over the world.
The PVD process has no negative effect on the environment and is in line with the development direction of modern green manufacturing. It does not produce toxic or polluting substances
It helps to improve the corrosion resistance of metal, increase hardness, prevent abrasion, improve conductivity, smoothness, heat resistance and a beautiful surface.
- Rollerball M
- Jacques Herbin logo engraving
- Filing system by converter (included) or universal cartridge
- International guaranty
- Made in France
Jacques Herbin designed this line of precious metal pens to offer users a high quality product created to last. This line is a nod to the Clippers, 19th century merchant ships designed with a metal hull. Long and tapered, they were used more particularly for the tea and cotton trade.
It is available in 2 versions for fountain pens, namely a gold / palladium or titanium treated nib for all brushed pens. The rollerball, like the fountain pen, is easily recharged thanks to the pump provided, and also accepts international cartridges.
- Size (closed cap): 137mm
- Size (excluding cap): 126mm
- Weight (with cap): 57g
- Weight (without cap): 29g
- Nib: Titan sizes EF, F & M or Steel size M treated in Gold or Rose Gold & Palladium
- Roller tip: 0.7mm
- Materials: Palladium, rose gold or yellow gold
- Guarantee: 2 years parts and labor
Designed by Gabriele Pezzini, Italian designer who has worked for major French luxury brands, this pen surprises both by the simplicity of its lines and the balance of its proportions. This gives it a timeless design, between tradition and modernity.
MATERIALS AND DESIGNS
Our goal has been to design a writing object that is both beautiful and durable, that is to say to favor a design and mechanisms that can last over time. The choice of materials is also important:
- Pen body treated in palladium, pink gold or yellow gold
- Titanium nib, gold or palladium-treated steel, with irridium point, or German-made 0.7mm roller point
- Jacques Herbin logo engraving on the nib
- Spring-loaded aggraph type cap clip
All our pens are machined and assembled in France in workshops in the Haut-Jura, on the border of Switzerland near the watchmaking area.
ADVANTAGES AND DISTINCTIVE SIGNS
- Its robust design with machining in the mass. Assembly and finishing are manual
- An inimitable design that is both sober and classy
- The quality of its titanium nib, very flexible and allows for an incomparable script
- Its attributes allow each pen to be unique and to your image
- Made in France
Maintenance and advice on use
For metal pens, use a micro fiber cloth as for spectacle lenses.
It is preferable to use Jacques Herbin cartridges or ink for the quality of its dyes, moreover it is filtered several times so that no deposit or microelement can clog the duct.
To clean your nib unit and your pump, you can fill it with a special cleaner (Herbin brand) or lukewarm water by circulating the liquid between the pump and the unit. Repeat the plunger effect until the water / cleanser is clear.
To avoid any risk of leakage when traveling by plane, equip your pen with a new cartridge or a full converter, and carry the head up.
Remember to clean the nib block after prolonged non-use.